Easy to fit DIY acoustic doorseal kit including sound barrier mat to add mass to lightweight doors and seals for frame and threshold from
Sound Service (Oxford) Ltd.
Designed to add mass to internal lightweight doors to improve their acoustic performance and incorporating easy to fit acoustic seals for the frame and threshold.
The kit comprises 5 x 1m lengths of triangular, self-adhesive batwing seals for the sides and top of the frame along with a 930mm drop down seal for the threshold that can easily be shortened by up to 100mm using a hacksaw. One sheet of sound barrier mat and a can of aerosol adhesive to fix it and ful,l easy to follow instructions.
Acoustic Doorseal Kit for a single door comprises
- 1 x 1m RP120 Self Adhesive Seal for the top of your door
- 4 x 1m RP120 Self Adhesive Seal for the side of your door (2 lengths for each side)
- 1 x 930mm Drop Down Seal (can be shortened by up to 100mm by the installer)
- 1 x Doorframe block and two spacers
- 1 x Pack fixing screws
- 1 x Sheet of SBM5 Sound Barrier Mat
- 1 x Can Sta-Stuk aerosol contact adhesive
- 1 x Set of installation instructions
This kit is designed to uprate the soundproofing of lightweight internal doors that allow excessive noise leakage through the door and beneath the threshold and around the frame. Once the kit is fitted the soundproofing of the door will be improved up to around 30dB.
If your looking for any alternative type of acoustic seal please contact us because we are able to supply alternatives.
WE ALSO SUPPLY A VERSION OF THIS KIT WITHOUT THE SOUNDPROOFING MAT AND ADHESIVE. IF YOU WOULD PREFER THIS PLEASE CLICK HERE
As featured on www.buildingdesign.co.uk