DIY acoustic door seal kit to improve the soundproofing of heavy doors for application around the frame and threshold stocked and supplied by
Sound Service (Oxford) Ltd.
Unlike our normal acoustic seal kits for single doors, this kit does not include sound barrier mat for adding mass to lightweight doors or fixing adhesive. The kit is designed for heavier doors where only sealing of the door leaf to the frame and floor is required.
- Complies with Part E Building Regulations
- Easy DIY installation
- Supplied with full instructions
- Improves the sound insulation of any single leaf door
- Minimum tools required
The kit comprises 5 x 1m lengths of triangular, self-adhesive batwing seals for the sides and top of the frame along with a 930mm drop down seal for the threshold that can easily be shortened by up to 100mm using a hacksaw. Full easy to follow instructions are also included.
Acoustic kit for a single door comprises
- 1 x 1m RP120 Self Adhesive Seal for the top of your door
- 4 x 1m RP120 Self Adhesive Seal for the side of your door (2 lengths for each side)
- 1 x 930mm Drop Down Seal (can be shortened by up to 100mm by the installer)
- 1 x Doorframe block and two spacers
- 1 x Pack fixing screws
- 1 x Set of installation instructions
This kit is designed to uprate the soundproofing of internal doors that are heavier than normal such as fire doors which often allow noise leakage around the frame and threshold. Because these doors are usually heavier there is no need to add more mass because the doors will usually have an acoustic rating of around 30dB which would be further improved with the addition of our Acoustic Door Seal Kit.
If your looking for any alternative type of acoustic seal please contact us because we are able to supply alternatives.
IF OUR NORMAL DOORSEAL KIT IS REQUIRED THAT INCLUDES OUR HEAVY SOUNDPROOFING MAT AND ADHESIVE THEN SIMPLY CLICK HERE.
As featured on www.buildingdesign.co.uk