We are open Monday to Friday
Product Hotline - 01993 704 981
Local call rate - 0845 363 7131
Download this as a PDF file HERE
Acoustic doorsets are installed in a similar manner as normal timber doors. Doorsets are supplied at moisture content of 6-12% and should not be brought on site until conditions are suitable. Wet trades should be complete and the building dried out and brought to normal working room temperature. DO NOT build-in or install frames as first fixings.
1.Check the sizes of the doors, the frames and the openings prior to starting installation. Only skilled tradesmen should undertake installation, as correct fitting of door/frame is essential.
2.Frames should be fitted to the supporting structure using steel fixings at 500mm maximum centres and starting no less than 100mm from the base and head. The fixings should be appropriate for the supporting construction and sink into it by a minimum depth of 50mm. It is recommended that fixings should be staggered down each jamb with one fixing behind each hinge and the others behind the stops. Doorsets should have gaps of up to 5mm between the frame and the supporting construction stuffed with mineral wool and fully filled to a depth of 30mm on both faces with a suitable mastic.
3.The weight of acoustic doorsets are heavier than would normally be handled by one person. All doors should be handled by at least 3 people. All doors should be stacked on a flat level surface with a minimum of 3 equally spaced bearers. Doors must not be double stacked on top of each other.
4.Decorative veneered doorsets should be protected from strong light in order to prevent discolouration. Full installation instructions are supplied with each doorset delivery.
1. All acoustic doorsets should be installed in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
2. All necessary hardware and accessories for a complete job Installation are to be furnished by the contractor.
3. Installation of the doorsets should not begin until all wet work, such as plastering, concrete etc. is completely dry. The acoustic doors are designed for storage, installation and use under standard occupancy conditions from 10oC to 20oC and not more than 75% relative humidity in an enclosed building.
4. The contractor shall be responsible for the examination and acceptance of all surfaces and conditions prior to the doorsets installation. B. Product 1. The following information will be required when ordering our acoustic doors: External overall door frame size: height x width in mm. Acoustic rating: 35dB, 41dB or 44dB Finish: See veneer choice Vision panel (if required) to be: 300 x 300mm or 150 x 700mm
1. The following information will be required when ordering our acoustic doors: External overall door frame size: height x width in mm. Acoustic rating: 35dB, 41dB or 44dB Finish: See veneer choice Vision panel (if required) to be: 300 x 300mm or 150 x 700mm